The Benefits of Soy Wax Candles: Why We Use It
Why do we Use Soy Wax?
- Our soy wax comes PROUDLY from the USA! We make sure our soy wax is sustainably sourced! And The US soy wax is one of the most ethically sourced in the market!
- It’s common to hear many people complain of headaches and dizziness when lighting paraffin candles. Most of the time it isn’t due to the fragrance scent but rather the chemicals it releases into the air, some paraffin candles emit chemicals such as toluene and benzene which are carcinogens, you can see this on some candle companies ingredients usually found in warning labels ingredients list such as “benzene” which is a known carcinogen, soy does not have these ingredients and this is why we use soy!
- Our soy wax is 100% soy, it has no additives!
- Soy wax is Natural compared to paraffin! One misconception is soy wax is organic but soy wax cannot be organic since it goes through a chemical and physical change! so by standards it cannot be labeled as such!
- Soy wax is renewable and biodegradable, Paraffin wax is not.
- Soy wax burns slower than paraffin and waxes such as coconut, apricot, palm etc, this means you'll get a candle that lasts longer.
- while all candles emit some black soot while burning, soy wax burns cleaner and results in less soot than
- Soy Wax has a higher melt point which allows the candles to hold their shape better in warm weather.
What are some Misconceptions about soy?
- soy wax causes “deforestation" although this is true 86% of soy is produced to feed animal agriculture (cattle ranching) in the amazon which is very unsustainable! 14% of soy is used for human use such as cosmetics, food, etc and that percent drops even more when you take the soy wax industry into account!
- "Soy wax Candles are not as strong as paraffin candles" with a great mastery of candle making and testing, soy candles can be just as strong! Soy candles are known to have a stronger scent profile! this means soy candles carry more fragrance load compared to most waxes! Candle size and wicks also play a part on how strong a candle can be!